OAAPN Scholarship Program
To promote the professional development of APRNs, OAAPN awards up to four $1500.00 scholarships per year which are presented during the Annual Statewide Conference in October.
Scholarship Application Deadline: June 30, 2016
Requirements and Instructions
To be considered for a scholarship a student MUST:
- Currently be enrolled as a full-time or part-time student in an approved entry level master’s or doctoral program in Ohio or an online program for RN's working in Ohio, leading to an APRN licensure.
- Have completed at least 12 semester hours of an advanced practice program at the masters or doctoral level.
- Currently hold a GPA of at least 3.2
- Be an OAAPN member (you may join at the time of application)
- Service to OAAPN is considered by the committee but not mandatory.
- Assume a position as an APRN in the State of Ohio for at least one year after graduation.
- Be available to attend the Awards Ceremony at the Annual Statewide conference (October 22-24, 2015, Hyatt Regency, Columbus, OH).
AMOUNT OF AWARD
The recipient of an OAAPN Scholarship will receive a cash award of $1,500 to be used for tuition and/or books.
Compile the following items and submit in order to qualify for the OAAPN Scholarship. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Completed ONLINE Scholarship Application Form which includes an online essay describing the applicant’s career goals, indicating how the goals relate to the OAAPN mission statement (300-500 words total). LINK to online application form.
You will be required to UPLOAD the following into the online application:
- Two letters of support:
- A faculty member from the candidate’s program, must complete one of the letters.
- The second letter may be from another faculty member or an APRN preceptor
- One of the letters should address the candidate's clinical and academic ability as an APRN student, as well as the candidate's leadership qualities and potential for professional success.
- A brief letter from the Dean of the school, or the program director, confirming the applicant is enrolled, and in good standing, in an advanced practice program.
- A copy of a current transcript. If credits from the present semester are needed, the applicant should send the available transcript with a note that an additional updated transcript will be sent no later than application deadline.
Questions? E-mail: email@example.com
Online Scholarship Application Form is REQUIRED. Please complete the online form and upload the required documents as required.
Questions? Send us an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org