OAAPN Leadership Awards
Nominations Open – Deadline Extended to September 30, 2016
OAAPN is presenting up to two leadership awards in 2016: An award for demonstrating Excellence in an APRN Role; and an award for Advocacy for promoting the role of the APRN in Ohio. The deadline for the 2016 nominations has been extended to September 30, 2016.
Criteria for the two awards is below and a nomination form is available for download here.
All nominations must be accompanied by a nomination form, a 250-word statement outlining how the nominee has met the stated award criteria and two letters of recommendation. Forms should be sent to OAAPN via
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax:614-221-1989; or mail: 17 S. High St., #200, Columbus, OH 43215.
Download a nomination form HERE
The OAAPN Award for Excellence is bestowed upon an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) who demonstrates excellence in the role through any or all of the following activities: professional development, clinical skill, innovative practice, academic excellence, political action or interdisciplinary interaction. This APRN’s practice exemplifies the Mission Statement of the Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses, which is to:
- Promote Advanced Practice Nursing Support Professional Development
- Participate in the Implementation and Monitoring of Legislation
- Attain Fair and Equitable Reimbursement for Advanced Practice Nurses
- Foster Collegial and Collaborative Relationships with Other Health Care Providers
- Promote Affordable, Accessible, Quality Healthcare for all Ohioans
The OAAPN Advocacy Award is bestowed upon an individual who supports and promotes the role of the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in Ohio.
The APRN Advocate meets the following criteria:
- Presents a positive image of APRNs to individuals within the public arena, whether it be the legislature, media, academic institutions or the general public;
- Actively and consistently engages in activities that promote the professional image of nursing in general and advanced practice nursing in particular;
- Participates in policymaking and legislative activities for the betterment of patients in Ohio through the advancement of APRNs, or,
- Participates in media efforts that promote the role of advanced practice nursing in Ohio
AANP State Award for Excellence
Every year the AANP recognizes outstanding achievements by NPs and NP advocates by presenting the annual AANP State Award for Excellence. These awards are presented to the recipients throughout the year in each state, with winners being recognized during the AANP National Conference. The State Award for Excellence recognizes an NP in a state who demonstrates excellence in practice, research, NP education or community affairs.
AANP State Award for Excellence Nomination Instructions and Form